COVID 19 Vaccine Conversations : Black Communities in City and Hackney
There are a lot of questions around the vaccine and virus impacts for the diverse communities of Hackney and the City. In response to this, City and Hackney Healthcare Partnership alongside community leaders hosted an online vaccine event for our black communities.
Paneled by community leaders this was a first in a series of conversations we are having with community groups in City and Hackney. Answering the questions of local residents and providing information was Dr. Sandra Husbands, Director of Public Health for City and Hackney and Dr. Donald Palmer, Associate Professor of Immunology. The meeting was hosted by Jake Ferguson, Chief Executive, Hackney CVS.
Our panel members at the event included:
- Reverend Rosemia Brown from St James The Great Church Clapton
- Peter Merrifield, CEO of SWIM Enterprises
- Patrick Vernon, OBE, social commentator, cultural historian and health activist
- Viv Ahmun, Director, Aspire Education Group – Europe and Africa
- Janette Collins, MBE, Manager, The Crib your project
- Rosemary Jawara, Peer Educator, Beersheba Livingwell
- Toyin Agbetu, Community Educator, Ligali – Pan African, human rights organisation
- Abdi Hassan, Founder Coffee Afrique, Somali community
- Samantha Wright , City of London
If you have a question about the Covid-19 vaccines, please email: CAHCCG.email@example.com
If you have any other queries about Covid-19, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This event was organised by City and Hackney CCG, Hackney Council, The City of London Corporation, Hackney CVS, VCH, Healthwatch, and Public Health.
Become a community champion and help stop the spread of Covid-19
VCH are looking for people who live, work or study in City and Hackney to show leadership and help save lives by communicating key public health messages to family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Find out more here.