NHS City and Hackney CCG is committed to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and ensures that all organisations that we commission to provide services for, or work with children / or adults who have parenting responsibilities must:
- Set clear priorities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are explicitly stated in all policy documents.
- Ensure there is a clear commitment by senior management to the importance of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. e.g. in job descriptions and individual performance targets.
- Have in place clear lines of accountability within the agency for work on safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Have in place appropriate whistle blowing procedures and a culture that enables issues about safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children to be addressed.
- To have in place appropriate safeguarding children training and supervision.
- Maintain accurate records of decision making and actions.
The City and Hackney Safeguarding Children Board (CHSCB) is the key statutory body for agreeing how organisations co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in City and Hackney, and for ensuring the effectiveness of what they do.
City and Hackney Safeguarding Children Policy
Safeguarding Children CCG Policy
Dr Emma Tukmachi
Named GP for Safeguarding Children
Dr Nick Lessof
Designated Dr for Safeguarding Children
Designated Nurse for Safeguarding Children
020 3816 3232