This page is a printable version of: http://www.cityandhackneyccg.nhs.uk/services/hackney-carers-centre.htm
Date: 22 January 2018
Are you an unpaid carer?
If the answer is yes then you could be eligible for support from City and Hackney Carers Centre.
Services for Carers of adults.
The Carers centre offers the following services to carers of adults.
* A carers needs assessment. Since the introduction of The care act 2014 in April 2015 all unpaid carers are now entitled to a carers needs assessment. We can either help you ourselves or introduce you to one of our partner services who might be more appropriate to your needs.
* Information and advice on benefit entitlement for you and the person you are caring for.
* Listening ear, counselling and emotional support.
* Advocacy service through advocacy for all.
* Life Coaching.
* LGBT project support group.
There are support groups for the following client groups.
* Male Carers
* Carers of those with mental health issues.
* Carers of adults with learning disabilities.
* Female Somali carers support group.
Please note that the support groups are only available if you care for someone living in Hackney
Services for carers living in the city of London.
If you are a carer living in the City of London then you are eligible to access the following services from us:
* Information and advice on benefits entitlement.
* Support groups (please call to find out which groups you may be eligible to access)
* If you live in the City of London and wish to have a carers assessment or wish to find out about accessing a carers individual budget, please contact The City of London Corporation on 020 7606 3030.
Services for parents of children with disabilities.
The Carers Centre offers the following services to carers of children with disabilities.
* Parent Carers can access the information and advice service and request a benefit check.
* Counselling Service.
* Listening ear and emotional support.
* Trips and events
Please note The City and Hackney Carers Centre does not carry out carer needs assessment for parents of children with disabilities. If you care for a child with disabilities and are interested in having a carers needs assessment or are interested in accessing a short break then please contact The Hackney Ark on 020 7014 7000
How to access the Carers Centre services.
To access our services you first need to register with us. Call us on 020 85330951 and request an information pack or alternatively you can E mail us on email@example.com
We will then send out our registration form which you will need to complete and send back to us.
Once we have received your completed registration form, your details will be entered onto the carers confidential database and you will be free to access our services.
You can get a Hackney carers card which you can use to get discounts from a variety of shops in Hackney. Send us 2 passport sized photographs with your completed registration form. (Please note that this particular service is only available if you care for someone living in Hackney)
The work that we carry out is funded through various different sources such as the local authority, CCG, charitable trusts and other nationally recognised funders.
Please call us on the number below to find out more about the services and support available.
City and Hackney Carers Centre,
10 Church Crescent,
Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm
Tel: 020 85330951
Fax: 020 89850639