Our Mission Vision and Values
To commission high quality services, in partnership with London Borough of Hackney and the City of London Corporation, which improve the physical and mental health and wellbeing of our residents and reduce health inequalities.
Our combined approach on behalf of our population will be:
- evidence based
- focused on clinical outcomes and high quality standards of care
- led by local frontline health and social care professionals
- determined by local need
- informed by genuine patient and public engagement
- result in more information and choice for patients
NHS City and Hackney CCG, London Borough of Hackney and City of London Corporation will work to achieve the best possible health outcomes for our residents.
We will ensure:
- people live longer, healthier, happier lives
- the gap in life expectancy between the richest and the poorest will narrow
- people receive high quality, safe and accessible care
- the services we commission are responsive and comprehensive, integrated and innovative, and delivered in a thriving and financially viable local health economy
- services are procured in a fair and ethical manner
- we make effective and sustainable use of the resources available to us, securing the best deal for our residents
At City & Hackney CCG, we have thought carefully about what our shared organisational values are. In Summer 2019 we consulted our Governing Body, our Patient and Public Involvement Committee (PPI Committee), and our staff in order to pull together a list of what we consider to be our core values.
Throughout this process, we took into consideration the following:
- How we should work with CCG staff, system partners and patients;
- How we should use our resources;
- What outputs we should endeavour to deliver across all areas of business;
- How we need to behave to ensure we meet the standards set by our patients, partners and regulatory bodies.
We also looked at other CCGs and providers to compare our priorities and to ensure consistency in line with wider NHS values.
Below is the mission statement and values that have been agreed:
People are at the centre of everything we do.
We are collaborative
- We work in partnership with professionals and service users to get things done
- We look for opportunities to be innovative and flexible whenever we can
- We share responsibility and develop trust in all our relationships
We strive for excellence
- We are accountable for the quality, safety and efficiency of our services
- We demonstrate care, compassion and kindness in all we do
We have integrity
- We act with honesty, fairness and transparency
- We celebrate diversity
- We listen and learn from others
Our values are important to us and we will strive to incorporate them into everything we do.