Our Mission Vision and Values
To commission high quality services that improve the physical and mental health and wellbeing of our residents and result in a reduction in health inequalities.
Commissioning for our population will be:
- evidence based
- focused on clinical outcomes and high quality standards of care
- led by local frontline healthcare professionals
- determined by local need
- informed by genuine patient and public engagement
- result in more information and choice for patients.
NHS City and Hackney CCG will work to achieve the best possible health outcomes for our residents. We will ensure:
- people live longer, healthier, happier lives
- the gap in life expectancy between the richest and the poorest will narrow
- people receive high quality, safe and accessible care
- the services we commission are responsive and comprehensive, integrated and innovative, and delivered in a thriving and financially viable local health economy
- services are procured in a fair and ethical manner
- we make effective and sustainable use of the resources available to us, securing the best deal for our residents.
- we will place patients, health improvement and quality at the heart of everything we do.
- we will be open, honest and transparent about the actions and decisions we take.
- we will be accountable to the public and recognise our responsibility to act in the best interests of the population we serve.
- our decisions will be evidence based, fair and make best use of the resources we have available to us.
- we will act responsibly as a public sector organisation and will work in partnership with local government, voluntary organisations and the wider community to achieve the best outcomes for our residents.
- we will promote and celebrate diversity and equality.
Page last updated 13 September 2013