This page is a printable version of: http://www.cityandhackneyccg.nhs.uk/about-us/governance.htm
Date: 22 October 2017
Governance is the framework of rules and practices by which an organisation’s accountable officers ensure accountability, fairness and transparency in its relationship with stakeholders, service users, management, employees, government and the community.
The corporate governance framework consists of the following:
1. Explicit and implicit contracts between the organisation and its stakeholders
2. Procedures for reconciling potentially conflicting interests of stakeholders in accordance with their duties, privileges, and role
3. Procedures for proper supervision, control, and information-flows to serve as a system of checks-and-balances.
Effective systems and processes ensure good governance including:
1. Transparency, accountability and effective scrutiny
2. Setting of strategic aims and goals
3. Identification of strategic and operational risks and effective mitigation
4. Monitoring and measuring performance
5. Appointing and ensuring the effectiveness of our governing body.
NHS City and Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group works within its own governance framework which is set out within our CCG constitution.
The CCG board meets each month. View the board meeting papers.
On the following pages you can find out about:
1. Freedom of information
2. Equality and diversity
3. Safeguarding adults
4. Safeguarding children